Don’t miss out on eating Hishio Ramen (小豆島ラーメン) in Okayama. Who says that a great ramen cannot be found in a shopping mall? Also, why can’t the great ramen be doled out by a chain restaurant? Why can’t Japan’s must eat be served with a smile and at an incredibly affordable price? To proof my point, let’s visit Hishio Ramen, a clean restaurant cleverly hidden on the 6F of Aeon Mall Okayama. Hishio Ramen is an excellent choice for lunch or late dinner after a hard day’s sightseeing.
Hishio Ramen’s first restaurant is based in Shodoshima (小豆島) Island. Shodo Island is literally translated as “The Island of Small Beans” and this island is located in the Inland Sea of Japan. Isn’t it interesting to note that the logo for Hishio Ramen actually resembles the Japanese word for bean 豆? Loved it!
Whilst waiting for our ramen, we were served refreshing glasses of iced water. This is a great personal touch. Thank you Hishio Ramen! If you are curious, I wasn’t paid by Hishio to write about their yummylicious ramen.
Hishio has definitely mastered the art of ramen broth-making by using the finest ingredients from Shodoshima Island such as buckwheat noodles, iriko (dried anchovies) and specially brewed soy sauce to create the umami taste. Every slurp of this hearty broth is delightful and praise-worthy. Every ingredient had been carefully put together at just the right ratio and presented artistically to maximise the customer experience of this work of art. Look at the beauty of this excellent ramen garnished with slices of moist and tender char siu with sufficient fattiness for a moreish bite. A picture truly paints a thousand words!
We did not speak to each other much whilst eating Hishio’s ramen, except to occasionally tell each other “Mmmmm….What a great find! Should we come here again tomorrow?” That’s how great Hishio’s ramen is! Do make Hishio Ramen your memory of Japan too. Remember to set foot in Hishio Ramen Aeon Mall Okayama. Alternatively try Hishio Ramen’s Honmachi street branch, an excellent spot for a bite near JR Okayama train station.
- To explore Japan’s attractions using JR Rail Pass from your base at Okayama, click on the links to see Dreamplifly’s related travel adventures to Miyajima, Hiroshima, Fukuoka, Kurashiki and Matsue. Let’s realise our dreams and become a Dreampliflyer!
- If this is your first visit to Japan, do visit my related article on Taking In Tokyo as a Japan first-timer for practical tips.
That’s it folks! Continue to follow me as we eat and travel together around Japan and the rest of the world. Thanks for reading about delicious Hishio Ramen in Okayama. Greetings from Okayama with love! Sayonara さよなら!
- Hishio Ramen
- Address: Aeon Mall Okayama, イオンモール岡山 1 Chome-2-1 Shimoishii, Kita-ku, Okayama-shi, Okayama-ken 700-0907, Japan
- Signature dish: Hishio Ramen, Tonosho Ramen
- Opening hours: From 11:00 to 23:00
[Latest Order lunch 15:00/ dinner 22:00]
- Website: http://hishiosoba.com/